Monday, January 26, 2009

Stuck Like Glue

Thought for the day: Ecclesiastes 3:1 " For everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heavens.

A subject that has been coming up repeatedly for me and for the people in my inner circle is transition. Change. Renewal. However you want to phrase it, when its put in laymans terms, life is moving, and like Sam Cooke said...a change is gonna come.

But how can transition come about when all of the players in the saga seem stuck? I must admit that I have been feeling stuck lately...I didn't make the best choices academically in the past, and because of that instead of graduating in May with a bachelor's degree like I should be, I will be starting back to school in August with at least another year and a half left on my degree...and more than that if I choose to add a minor. I will be going from making my own money (like I have for the past 3 years) back to being a broke college student with my hand out...unless I take classes at odd hours so my work schedule doesn't suffer...and I don't know if I am up to that...all of this because I didn't ask for help when I needed it. All of this because I let the whims of a few vapid college girls affect me deep down. All of this because I veered off track. So yes, I am feeling stuck...while the friends I grew up with are applying to jobs and grad school and trainee positions and talking about what they will wear to their senior formals...I am here. Stuck.

And then there is home life...we are in the process of looking for a house...and I feel like my mother is stuck where this is concerned. She doesn't want the responsibility that comes with owning a home, whereas I feel like taking 10 years of living in a home and cramming that into an apt is just a gigantic step back. So the date is looming for us to move into our next season and we have no clue as to what we are going to do...all we know is that we have to go.

So I have school and work, and mom has this house thing, and I have friends stuck in relationship and economy issues, and we all have this common lament that things just aren't moving as fast as we would like. It csan be frustrating and discouraging as all get out, but then I look at the scripture at the top and things start to make sense...nothing is solved, but I gotta believe that neither me nor my mom, fam, and friends would be in our present situation unless there was a reason. For everything there is a purpose...and I for one cannot wait to see how my purpose presents itself.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment